Saturday, April 16, 2011

Getting Adjusted

No my dad isn't visiting, but I would like him to.  (a little chiro humor)  So we have been in Korea for almost a week.  Most of that time I've been trying to get my days and nights straightened out.  But waking up at 3 AM ready to get to work hasn't been helpful.  The house is getting pulled together even if I have to wait until 7 before doing laundry.

I have also had to get Benjamin TB tested, thanks Papa for taking him because he freaked out about the needle and I would have too.  But we should get the results on Monday and he'll be able to start school.  We could get a waiver for the vaccines but not the TB test :S

We have also tried to restock our kitchen...Every time I think I've gotten what I need to cook for my family I realize I still need something else.  Like baking soda, or lime juice, or a measuring cup, or a colander, or a knife and a million other little things.  But slowly we are getting everything we need.

We went to the Korean market right outside of base and there are so many PURSES and SHOES my husband wont let me go by myself.  But we were also able to find a cool chess set for Grandpa M.  Benjamin got a model that he's going to build with Papa.  Sam got some splat balls that look gross but every little boy needs a toy that grosses mom out.  Also if you ever wanted to buy seaweed there are hundreds of different varieties available.

On Thursday our family went to English class.  Basically we have a short topic of discussion and then break up into small groups and Korean nationals practice having a conversation in English with us.  Their English is way better than my Korean.  Going was a really cool way of meeting people and learning more about this country where we will live for the next three years.

Friday night my hubby threw a welcome to Korea/Birthday party for me and it was great being able to see so many of our friends from Monterey.  I did head to bed at 8:30 because I'm still not all the way over jet lag, but according to my husband the party rocked on.  Which is good because I was dead to the world.

That's what's happening on my side of the world.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are getting everything in order overthere. It helps to see that its possible on the other side as a family in case we do end up over there by som emiracle! Keep up the blog...I'm VERY interested to keep in touch with ya'll no matter where in the WORLD we all end up!!! Still missing you :( but glad your family is back together...that's all that matters no matter where your "house" happens to be!!!! XOXO to all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are out of immersion, I always hated it when Scott had to go. God luck with your upcoming DLPT. We miss you guys, our downstairs neighbors are not cool. I have decided that cool neighbors are hard to come by :) loves to you and yours

    ReplyDelete